[sldev] Re: Plugin architecture

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Fri Feb 23 22:59:00 PST 2007

On 2/23/07 10:21 PM, Jason Giglio wrote:
> Tim Shephard wrote:
>> I think some way to communicate from LSL to the Plugins would be very
>> useful in many situations as well.
> It goes beyond plugins, we need a way to communicate from LSL to other
> built-in client enhancements we might develop too.  I'm working on an
> idea for that. I'll put up a wiki page on it tomorrow.
When you say "need", do you mean for the very first plugin interface?  I
really hope you aren't expecting LSL modifications to be a prerequisite
for the first version of plugins.

I think the most successful model for creating the first plugin
interface is to collaborate with Dale Glass on his extension, figuring
out what is necessary for that.  Over time, we can evolve deeper and
deeper hooks.  However, I think it's /very/ important to start simple.

Rob