[sldev] Generic LSL->Client Comms

Dale Glass dale at daleglass.net
Sat Feb 24 17:24:34 PST 2007

В сообщении от 25 февраля 2007 02:10 Tim Shephard написал(a):
> At a minimum, I'd like to see Dale's version implemented, though it
It already is in my repository
http://svn.daleglass.net/secondlife/trunk/

> should probably have an escape character that the beginning which is a
> little more rare.
>
> Perhaps |?

Perhaps, but I don't think it's very important, as a false match is unlikely
anyway. The current way it works is:

1. Message must come from an object. Normal chat doesn't trigger it
2. String gets split by "$" and must have at least 4 tokens
3. First token must be VwrComm

If those 3 things aren't matched, the string is passed as-is, and the code
doesn't suppress its display.

4. Second token must be "0" (version number, this will change)

If this doesn't match, the text won't appear on screen, but the code won't
continue further either

5. Third token matches the name of a known component.

If this matches, the remaining data is passed to the code that handles it,
otherwise it's ignored.