[sldev] Plugin system - first code drop

Soft Noel soft at softnoel.org
Mon Feb 26 20:22:25 PST 2007

On Mon, February 26, 2007 4:59 pm, Tim Shephard wrote:
> Can you post a couple of sample hooks?
>
> Are you doing it via a proxy llFloater class?

I'm not ready to drop this code yet. It's still in a gross hack state
while I'm proving out an approach for myself. I'm also hoping someone will
try out the class inheritance model (I think that's what you mean by the
proxy llFloater class), and if I put the hook stuff out there that's less
likely.

Right now, the hooks are all into viewer-side code that's a regular client
to the UI classes, creating subscribers as needed. I'm experimenting with
seeing how much I can make the client-side plugin code self-contained, as
a huge third-party patch set spidering into every last system will make LL
balk.

> Great energy.  Let me know your secret on how you can afford to spend the
> time.

Evenings at home with a Costco pallet of Diet Mountain Dew: It actually
ends up being cheaper than going out or SL clothes-shopping. :)