[sldev] Plugin system - first code drop

Richard Nelson richard at lindenlab.com
Tue Feb 27 09:58:23 PST 2007

Just jumping in here to comment on LLFloater stability.  In general, we can't guarantee that our UI class interfaces will remain stable.  For example, we recently changed LLFloaters and LLPanels to implement LLUICtrl in order to sanitize our keyboard focus model and let them participate fully in focus management (LLView's can't delegate keyboard focus, they can only contain LLUICtrls, or widgets).  We've also made many changes in the move over to XML-driven UI.  These changes are not complete, and we will continue to tease out architectural abstractions and refactor our UI code based on use cases as they arise.

That said, most changes can be considered extensions to existing functionality, implemented in the base class, with no extra burden on derived classes.  There are still large architectural decisions to be made, though.

Richard