[sldev] Process affinity problem on dual core Windows boxen

Peter Phillips pphillips at lindenlab.com
Fri Jan 12 14:36:03 PST 2007

I've just entered a bug about our process affinity related frame rate
woes.  I'd been tinkering with a hacky work-around, but I can't devote
any more time to it right now since I'm swamped with other tasks.
Rather than just throw my progress on this issue away, I've entered
https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-25 and included my patch so that
it can be used as a starting point for finding the right work-around to
the problem or help in finding the root cause of the problem so that it
can be corrected.  Using this patch I've seen a 3x to 5x increase in
frame rate.

Cheers,
Peter "Lawrence Linden" Phillips