[sldev] Linux IDE for starters~

dale at daleglass.net dale at daleglass.net
Sun Jul 8 15:48:12 PDT 2007

On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 05:17:18PM -0400, Dereck Wonnacott wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Slightly inspired by the Mad Patcher, I'm going to try to start being an
> active member of SLdev. I've not had too much 'real' experience in
> programming though, my largest program was a mere 20k lines in C. I've till
> now managed to just use vim as my code editor of choice...
More people is always a good thing :-)

> SL is a turns out to be little bit bigger....  I'll miss my poor
> grep/vim/gdb family, but what IDE(s)/debuger(s)/Other-misc-tool(s) might I
> look into learning?

I use kdevelop here, it's pretty nice.

I also recommend trying doxygen, it's REALLY good for getting around the
source.

I have the results of it online: http://doc.daleglass.net/
Mind, this is quite ancient, as I changed things here and haven't got
around updating it yet, but it works as a demo of what it does.