[sldev] SSE2 / Ouch

Nicholaz Beresford nicholaz at blueflash.cc
Mon Jul 9 08:27:30 PDT 2007

Dirk Moerenhout wrote:
> Off course splitting the binaries is easiest once we start
> to have many CPU specific optimisations.

Well, I don't want to rain on the parade of the optimizers,
but in my opinion the state of the viewer source is nowhere
near a point where CPU specific optimization like this make
any sense.  There are hundreths of GUI glitches. I am receiving
(from a mere 1000 users, who even have to ZIP and mail them by
hand) more crash reports every day than what I get from my own
whole line of software within a years.

I am so royally flabbergasted about this particular issues,
probably because it highlights so dramatically what is wrong
with managing this piece of software, that I can't even begin
to describe it ...

Nick