[sldev] Call stack for crash on startup in SSE code on early Athlon processors?

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Tue Jul 10 17:58:20 PDT 2007

I have just borrowed more hardware to further test this issue. The exact
result will not be release, however. That is due to an equivocal
agreement with Zero Linden made in the office hours under the envelope
of Quality Assurance and the Residents. We might see some progress for
LL to extend the "team" effort of required by QA to *actually* involve
all developers that have worked on Second Life.

I'm going to put a higher priority on the issue to get the
auto-initialized global C++ classes moved over to be manually
initialized. For one, it is obviously impossible to fully QA such
classes with them being auto-initialized in a chaotic order. There are
just dozens of classes that could potentially output very useful log
information, but such classes can't until the log class is initialized
and opens the log file, which currently happens after the
auto-initialized classes!

You know I have involuntarily wasted time to trace auto-initialized C++
classes when it could have been done much much easier!

--
Power to Change the Void