[sldev] Bugtracking tool

Laurent Laborde kerdezixe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 22:18:34 PDT 2007

Hello, i'm kerunix Flan.
i'm the biggest french sim owner and own the most popular french sim,
including the french school (sim : gaia) with a big community and a
lot of voluntary helper (we currently limit the amount of volunteers).

I'm creating my website, dedicated to SL of course.
Currently in beta-test, featuring forums, calendars, the registration
api, etc ...
I installed a livehelp system, powered by "craftysyntax", i don't know
if i'll use it, yet.

I have some betatesters and they found some bugs on my website, more
than i tought.
So i want to install a bugtracking system, for my website/forum/etc
and... why not ... Secondlife bug category for french ppl who can't
write english and bug triage session to report translated bug on the
LL's public jira.

Naturally, i wanted to install JIRA but it's really too expensive.
(and require another webserver, my current webserver don't support
java stuff, but it's not a blocking problem. The price of jira is.)

I know bugzilla but it's pain in the *** for the user and admin.
The only other bugtracker i know is mantis (last time i used it was 4
years ago, i think).

Do you know another web-based bugtracker tool, multi user, with
functionality close to JIRA ?

i know JIRA : too expensive
bugzilla : too complex, not "user friendly".
mantis : not bad :)
something else ?

thx

--