[sldev] https very slow.

Matthew Dowd matthew.dowd at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 01:43:01 PDT 2007

> CAPS holds connections from the client to the server open until the
> server has something to say, or the connection times out. After either
> case the connection is immediately re-established, so you are only
> setting up and tearing down https connections if there are a lot of
> events coming over CAPS.

My understanding of http pipelining is that in the latter situation (lots of events coming in over CAPS) you could still use the same https connection and not have to set up and tear down https connections in that scenario. Sorry, I've not delved into CAPS enough to know if that scenario is particularly likely and whether using http pipelining would be an optimisation or a case of diminishing returns.

Matthew