[sldev] https very slow.

Nicholaz Beresford nicholaz at blueflash.cc
Wed Jul 11 09:54:29 PDT 2007

Btw, one of the first things I wondered about was
the use of https in the viewer.  (Reason was of course,
that the memory leak was caused by libcurl https
requests.)

But with the efforts of shaving cpu cycles off the
main loop, it may be worth looking at the things that
go through encryption, because these may eat a
non trivial amount of cpu cycles on both ends.

I have not looked at it in any depth because at this
point I'm not interested in optimization, so I may be
totally off the mark, but it may be worth a look.

Nick
---
Second Life from the inside out:
http://nicholaz-beresford.blogspot.com/