[sldev] llGiveInventory comedy

Jason Giglio gigstaggart at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 01:15:26 PDT 2007

Tateru Nino wrote:
> That's an easy one. Someone is interacting with something of yours that
> is using llGiveInventory() (a notecard giver or vendor or whatever)
> while they are in BUSY mode.

That's not as bad as one guy who tried to buy something from one of my
vendors when he had me muted for some reason.

That caused a lot of "human induced spam".

I got the following offline IMs, all at once when I checked them:

(Note that <thing> was a 99L object)

[15:06] him: i
[15:07] him: was buying <thing> at armory island...but nothing received
[15:07] him: can you help me please

[15:09] him: hello

[15:10] him: gigs

[16:59] him: hello
[16:59] him: hey

[17:00] him: i bout <thing> you gpt the money but i got nothin no object

[17:02] him: Date: 2007-06-13 15:05:36  Type: Payment  Desc: <thing>
Region: Armory Island  Destination: Gigs Taggart
[17:02] him: i didnt receive nothin
[17:03] him: im gonna call linden lab if you do nothin

[17:06] him: hello
[17:07] him: what kind of merchant are you

[17:31] him: es tu la
[17:31] him: parle tu francais
[17:31] him: ou anglais
[17:33] him: ineed to get what i paid for it

Once I got on, and he was IMing me, and he couldn't see what I was
saying in reply apparently, I figured out he had me muted.  I had to ask
someone else to IM him for me to get him straightened out.

Lessons from this comedic incident?

A) I think it's too easy to accidentally mute someone.  Right click,
move down a little and mash the button 3 times and you've muted someone
or an object.  I know I've accidentally muted things before.

B) If there is some way mute can be overridden when they have recently
paid the object giving the inventory, might help alleviate this problem.
  Maybe remove object/person from mute list when you pay them.

-Jason