[sldev] llGiveInventory comedy

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 07:36:51 PDT 2007

Jason Giglio wrote:
> Boroondas Gupte wrote:
>> What about a warning in the style of those that come when entering a
>> password while caps lock is on?
>>
>> "Mute Warning
>> is on your mute list so you won't recieve any answers or goods from
>> him/her.
>>
>> [unmute and <action>] [<action> but don't unmute] [skip]
>> [ ] remember this choice"
>>
>> where <action> is one of IM, pay, give Inventory to, or whatever else
>> might qualify for unmuting.
>
> Nah, that seems like "preference bloat" to me. (Not to mention,
> pop-upitis)  I think having mute disengage when you make direct contact
> with the mutee would be the best course of action.

I think there are very few reasons for sending a message to someone you
have muted. The most likely is the situation described, ie a mistake.
The only other two reasons I can think of are if a land owner etc has
muted a greifer and is issuing a warning/ban (and this can simply be
done in a different order) or some one being childish by muting someone
and then sending abuse (which is not really a good situation to have).

So i think this is a great idea. I think there is no need for this to be
a preference. Either the warning or the automatic unmute (or both?)

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk