[sldev] Etiquette for posting patches-in-progress?

Able Whitman able.whitman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 16:06:59 PDT 2007

On 7/17/07, Dzonatas <dzonatas at dzonux.net> wrote:

>  What I did was to create a sub-task of in-progress work or
> work-to-be-done.
> When the patch is ready to that sub-task, create another sub-task to QA it
> to a build.
> Repeat if needed.

It's not a perfect solution, but sub-tasks make a lot of sense, I think.
That's certainly a workable approach I will take.

Sorting patches is a real pain in the arse.

> I'll upload the current Sandbox-Something release to the OSLCC SVN and
> create a branch for your work. That'll quicken the merges easier and allow
> everybody to build the same way. =)

I can certainly merge my own changes into that new branch, but I will
probably only do so when I've got a new "stabilized" set of changes to
integrate... Believe me, right now you don't want to see my daily builds of
mute visibility. (Or more accurately, I don't want you to see them :))

I suggest to Use TortiseSVN/Merge. It's best feature is the UI, but its
> folder hooks are a pain.  Eclipse also has very similar features to
> TortiseSVN/Merge. In Eclipse, I especially like the merge/diff and edit all
> -in-one view.  My recommendation, Tortise for the major SVN jobs - Eclipse
> for everything else.

TortoiseSVN has worked well for me in the past, no worries there.