Solved. Re: [sldev] Sandbox viewer not working on Vista

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Thu Jul 19 19:14:02 PDT 2007

It is STL related, instead. This means builds between VS7.1 and VS8.0
can't share the same libraries as they have been if we use Microsoft's
MFC/STL version. There are incompatibilities in the way strings are
passed between libraries.

This is a quick note, and I know it leaves a lot of questions still.

Dzonatas wrote:
> This may be FMOD related. I found notes about the older API/driver
> interface as known to have problems on Vista.
>
> Able Whitman wrote:
>> Could you try launching it with "-log" and post a reply with any log
>> file that's generated?
>>
>> On 7/19/07, *morris* < morris1 at ix.netcom.com
>> <mailto:morris1 at ix.netcom.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     I tried the Sandbox version on my Vista system and it won't even
>>     start up,
>>     fails immediately. This is a dual-core P4 with nVidia 7950 card.
>>     Need any
>>     other information?
>>     Morris Ford
>>
>>     On Thursday 19 July 2007 12:54, Dzonatas wrote:
>>     > I got reports that the Sandbox viewer doesn't work on Vista.
>>     Can someone
>>     > with Vista confirm this, please?
>>     >
>>     > If so, what can be different to cause that?
>>     >
>>     > http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=191214
>>     <http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=191214>
>>     /index.html