[sldev] where's SCons getting the compiler string

Dana Fagerstrom Dana.Fagerstrom at Sun.COM
Fri Jul 20 11:26:12 PDT 2007

Hmmm...  Do I even dare asking if people would like to switch to make?
I recall seeing a "makefile" patch being offered a while back. Hey, I'm
only asking :)

I'm now studying the differences between the 1.16.0 and 1.18.0
SConstructs.  The cause has to be a change in that file since I have not
changed the version of SCons on my system. If I have to I'll dive into
the SCons source - been there and you are right, it's UGLY.

Thanks,