[sldev] Script to build "open source" client

A.J.Delaney at brighton.ac.uk A.J.Delaney at brighton.ac.uk
Tue Jul 24 06:14:04 PDT 2007

Dear all,
	We've been using a script internally to build SL viewer from _only_
open source components (i686-linux and ia64-linux).  This means no FMOD
or JPEG 2000 library.  We're actually using it to build a GStreamer
backend for SL to support codecs other than QuickTime.
	There are several "internalisms" in the script, particularly to do with
patching prereqs.  But all the patches are floating around the Interweb
somewhere (we just patched some of them first).
	We've been really slow about punting stuff out of here, so attached is
the script, warts-and-all.
	There is another script on the Linux build side of the wiki, but that
uses the pre-rolled Linden support binaries.  So consider this script
complementary (we'll merge them in time) not a competitor (the other
script is actually better written :)).

--
Aidan Delaney