[sldev] Using Crystal Space as a 3D client for Second Life

Jorrit Tyberghein jorrit.tyberghein at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 05:06:39 PDT 2007

Hi,

I'm the project manager of Crystal Space
(http://www.crystalspace3d.org). Crystal Space is an Open Source 3D
engine that runs on GNU/Linux, Windows, and MacOS/X. We support OpenGL
and have a lot of features. I feel that Crystal Space would be an idea
engine for using on the client side of Second Life. We support
dynamically creating content very easily and are very flexible with
regards to rendering and support for 3D hardware (from low-end to
high-end).

I'm too busy to actively help making such a client myself but I would
actively support any attempt at doing so.

Greetings,

--
Project Manager of Crystal Space (http://www.crystalspace3d.org)
and CEL (http://cel.crystalspace3d.org)