[sldev] Script to build "open source" client

Dana Fagerstrom Dana.Fagerstrom at Sun.COM
Wed Jul 25 11:29:59 PDT 2007

GStreamer would be a win on Solaris too.

I just wanted to make sure you got my vote as well :)

Harold Brown wrote:
> On 7/25/07, *Tofu Linden* <tofu.linden at lindenlab.com
> <mailto:tofu.linden at lindenlab.com>> wrote:
>
>     A.J.Delaney at brighton.ac.uk <mailto:A.J.Delaney at brighton.ac.uk> wrote:
>      > Dear all,
>      >       We've been using a script internally to build SL viewer
>     from _only_
>      > open source components (i686-linux and ia64-linux).  This means
>     no FMOD
>      > or JPEG 2000 library.  We're actually using it to build a GStreamer
>      > backend for SL to support codecs other than QuickTime.
>
>     FYI, GStreamer video support will be in the next trunk-based Linden
>     source-drop - which should be very soon.  I expect there are plenty of
>     ways in which it could be improved though, if you are experienced with
>     GStreamer and want to help out!
>
>     -Tofu
>

> Would this be for all platforms?  As a quick look at the GStreamer site
> shows that it can be compiled for Windows as well OSX and Linux.

Dana Fagerstrom                        Phone: 877.851.6343
Sun Services                             Fax: 877.851.6343
400 Atrium Dr.                         Email: dana.fagerstrom at Sun.COM
Somerset, NJ  08873               SneakerNet: USMT01