[sldev] Patch to Address Debit Permission Spoofing

Kele Kravelin grazel.cosmo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 03:24:21 PDT 2007

Hmmm has anyone told the victim here about hte newish 'inspect' pie menu
option. As I recall it shows the owner and creator of all prims and
inventory of an object, that should give the name of the creator of the
malicious script and help track it down. Of course that means one of the
victims would have to believe Dave and work with him to track the true thief
down. Also they can look at their transaction history since their lost L$
will be going to someone (and if Dave is innocent it won't be Dave's name).
While there are remedies (which many will just ignore and just go after the
fast 'solution') it does highlight a need for changes in the debit
permission system.