OpenJPEG Re: [sldev] Is anyone using gcc -pg (profiling) to see where the CPU is being consumed?

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Wed Jun 13 18:24:46 PDT 2007

Callum, feel free to take my last floating point/SSE patch and do what
you need to try to finish it if you want. It appears to work fine except
for when there is 8 or more components. I just haven't had time to go
through the whole process to get that last little bit done. =) You know
who to e-mail if you need test samples.

I'll get the msvc version done after that.

Dz

Callum Lerwick wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 17:47 -0700, Max Okumoto wrote:
>
>> I have a patch to enable builds of the linux client with profiling, and
>> I'm trying to see what
>> routines are eating the CPU.  Is anyone else doing this.  I would like
>> to compare notes.
>>

> Profiling using oprofile on my rather low end laptop, (Celeron 1.3,
> Intel 830M video) OpenJPEG and the OpenGL drivers (in particular,
> lighting) dominate. So I've put quite a bit of time and effort into
> optimizing OpenJPEG. OpenJPEG 1.2 merged a few of them but I keep coming
> up with new ones. :) (And regression testing is painful and
> slowgoing...)

Power to Change the Void