[sldev] Re: VWR-1110: Scuplted Prims: Ability to Import .OBJ Files

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Thu Jun 14 08:08:03 PDT 2007

You know, this issue just gained 6 votes as of yesterday besides the 7
it already had, I'll go ahead and put other things aside to work on
this. I'll work on other formats besides 64x64, also. =)

I like to see the option where you could make like an array of 16x16
divisions over a 1024x1024 bitmap. That way, each division contains a
64x64 sculpt map. That entire map could encode as one image. It would be
awesome for very complex objects combined together with many sculpties.

Argent Stonecutter wrote:
> Just a comment: I do most of my building at 32x32 and then upscale the
> resulting BMP to 64x64 or greater, since it's never going to be
> rendered at 64x64 anyway, and there's people working as low at 8x8...
> so you would need to accept at least any 2^Nx2^N spherical mesh.

Power to Change the Void