[sldev] Valve/Steam Hardware survey.

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Thu Jun 14 10:45:57 PDT 2007

Tateru Nino wrote:
> We have the viewer source code right here and can use it to sample the
> hardware. It wouldn't be too hard to arrange with LL to survey the SL
> userbase hardware with their cooperation (because that data should be
> posted centrally, and handled in aggregate away from us as individuals,
> IMO). That would give you a better picture of the capabilities of
> SL-user's hardware than the steam survey would.

You are right. We could actually make a volunteer survey. There are
several petitions that already exist, which one could attach a lead to a
binary that would send a survey to a central site. Via XMLRPC, it could
be routed back in-world and provided as information for scripts to process.

--
Power to Change the Void