[sldev] Re: updating "Compile the view (Linux)" on the wiki

signore at autistiche.org signore at autistiche.org
Sun Jun 17 06:22:11 PDT 2007

(sorry for breaking the thread)

> I'm trying to update the wiki page on how to build
> from source the secondlife client.  Can people look
> it over and see if the changes that I made, make sense?

I hope someone else did it. I am not skilled enough to
tell if the whole page is actually correct.
I can say it looks less messy than before, though :-)

* Most of the page is about Henri Beauchamp's script.
I think we should move it to a new page.

* The rest of the page mostly explains how to build
the viewer without using the LL libraries bundle.
We could reorganize these instructions in a better way?
(I mean: separate the with-bundle build-process from
the without-bundle one)

* It would be interesting for me to know if this way
(without using the libraries bundle) I can get (even
slightly) better performances. I never managed to
build the viewer this way so far (I can't build xmlrpc-epi).
I can usually build the viewer from sources when using
the LL prepackaged libraries bundle, though.

* We should include some basic info about compiling
from SVN too. If I'm not wrong, SVN is the only way to get
a WindLight-enabled Linux viewer right now.

bye
Signore Iredell