[sldev] LLTemplateMessageBuilder: buildblock() difference between VS2005 and VS2003 causes crash in 1.18

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Sun Jun 17 16:01:25 PDT 2007

I think I tracked down the difference, but still got to find the root cause.

In buildblock(), the varible block_count gets set to an extremely large
number in VS2005, like 136477312. That doesn't look right.

That means the statement "S32 block_count = mbci->mBlockNumber;" on line
633 results in two different values, mBlockNumber is 43943744.

As a result, the loop towards the end of the buildblock() counts down
block_count and quickly gets into invalid memory pointers.

--
Power to Change the Void