[sldev] Wiki Formatting

Alissa Sabre alissa_sabre at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Jun 21 07:34:23 PDT 2007

> Is there an "official" way to insert forced blank lines into the wiki?

I believe there is no official way (see below), but I will use "<br/>"
if I were to make a persistent empty line.

> I noticed with the longer documents (like the VS2003 / VS2005 instructions)
> that editing a section (the [edit] link next to a header) removes empty
> lines and pushes the headings very close to the previous paragraph.

I don't recommend such an ad hoc adjustment.  If a heading and the
preceding paragraph is too close, I believe it's better to update
stylesheet appropriately to make more space there rather than to
manually insert blank lines.

The best practice is to edit MediaWiki:Monobook.css, but it is not
allowed for ordinary users.  We need to ask Rob or somebody else in
LL.

BTW, I don't think the current break between the last paragraph and a
heading is too close, either.  But, yes, it's a subjective matter and I
have no objection to the idea to make the gap wider.

    Alissa