[sldev] Re: More client forwarded chat channels.

Jason Giglio gigstaggart at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 15:25:22 PDT 2007

Able Whitman wrote:
> That's a really interesting idea, but I'm not really keen about
> reserving a "special" chanel for only the viewer to listen on. Plus,

I am.

> which channel do you choose? It doesn't seem possible to guarantee that
> that the channel you pick won't already be used by some existing script
> somewhere. In practice this probably isn't an issue, but I'd much rather

It doesn't matter one bit.  Soft and I discussed this, and she thinks a
range might be more useful, say 32 or 64 channels.  There's no security
implication since anyone with an LSL script can already effectively
listen to these channels.  I suggest near the top of the range around
MAX_INT, going down from DEBUG_CHANNEL.

Any LSL script using it can continue to use it, no harm done.

-Jason