[sldev] Re: More on Mute Visibility

Able Whitman able.whitman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 18:05:28 PDT 2007

> You can select them, you just can't get any handles (drag, etc) on them.

Ah, yes, I went and tried this just after posting my reply, actually. While
I'm looking into muting object IDs by the parcel they're in, I'll look at
the selection manager as well. Adding group-mute-by-selection and
group-mute-by-parcel should be pretty similar in implementation.

I wasn't considering that the underlying code actually maintain some
> kind of "mute" on the parcel, I was thinking in terms of this being a
> way of selecting objects for mute-by-UUID. I'd rather leave more
> complex stuff for the sim.

You weren't, but I was. :) For the reasons I mentioned before, putting a
mute on a parcel is, I believe, a better general solution to the ad prim
problem.