[sldev] Uniquely identifying parcels

Able Whitman able.whitman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 20:10:47 PDT 2007

The ParcelProperties message includes a LocalID for the parcel, but not an
LLUUID for it. For my purposes, this is unfortunate.

I'm hoping there is a way uniquely identify parcels in a given region. Is
the LocalID a reliable identifier for a given parcel in a region? Or does it
change, like when a region restarts?

Similarly, is a region's RegionHandle fixed, or is it also mutable? If it's
mutable, then is the region name fixed?

I'd like to be able to use a combination of a RegionHandle (or a region's
name) and a parcel LocalID to uniquely identify a parcel. If that won't
work, the alternatives are pretty hackish.

These are probably questions for a Linden, but since I don't know who
specifically to ask, I'm posting here. :)

Thanks!
--Able