[sldev] Just askin': How are we doing?

Nicholaz Beresford nicholaz at blueflash.cc
Mon Jun 25 05:51:59 PDT 2007

More stuff ...

> Lastly, what can we still do better? Are there one or two things that
> frustrate you the most, which we could make part of our third quarter
> goals?

Since Dale mentioned it:  Source releases during the Wednesday downtime
would be a nice thing.  The downtimes coincide with the time here where
I'm working on the project (European time) and would be a good time to
see what's new and get the viewer compiled locally.

JIRA: A link next to the "Patch attached" checkbox (in JIRA, Edit),
linking to the "submit code" page on the Wiki.

Access to the crash logs:  Maybe I'm the only one who's looking at
crashes instead of doing Sudoku, but I think it's beyond the time
where the stack dump alone will help fixing crashes (at least for the
top 10).  I think crash reports will go back by an order of magnitue
with the leak fixed (at least that's what I'm hearing from people
using my viewer) but they will most likely become more and more
obscure (which again, it is what I'm seeing from the crash dumps
from my viewer).  Dunno how to approach this exactly, but it's
something I noticed.

Nick