[sldev] Building 1.17.1 on Linux/Unix

Boroondas Gupte sllists at boroon.dasgupta.ch
Tue Jun 26 14:08:34 PDT 2007

As building 1.17.1.0 has got some quirks in it, I dedicated to write this
down ...

Missing Files

There are some files missing from the source drop. Get them by unpacking
the zip from https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-79 into the source
tree. I didn't apply the patch contained in the zip, but perhaps it's
needed for the added functionality of VWR-79, I'm not sure about that.
Then apply the patch attached to this message (llimage_fix.patch) to fix
capitalization and stuff.

Internally fixed bug

To avoid https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-1369, apply
llvoinventorylistener.patch (and maybe also linked_lists.patch) from
there.

Missing Libraries at Runtime

If you build a release_for_download, the content of
linden/indra/lib_releasefordownload_client/i686-linux/ isn't packaged into
linden/indra/newview/SecondLife_i686_1_17_1_0.tar.bz2. So just copy that
content into the SecondLife_i686_1_17_1_0/lib/ folder after unpacking.
(The proper thing to do would be to fix the SConstruct file, of course.)

If anyone feels like working this into PJira and/or the wiki, just do so
:-) (Be aware that the Coco called their patche for VWR-1369 a "band aid"
and that mine for llimage is probably no better)

Hope this helps
Boroondas Gupte

PS: If anything herein is completely wrong, please correct me ;-)