[sldev] VWR-1396

Nicholaz Beresford nicholaz at blueflash.cc
Tue Jun 26 16:11:44 PDT 2007

Kelly Washington wrote:
> In this case, as scary as this is, the mCurrentOperatingp->deleteData()
> appears to be what is invalidating mCurrentOperatingp.  This is
> obviously bad, and the fixes (both of them) are quick ones so they can
> be tested and included in tomorrow's release.

LOL, I had shortly considered that and thought it would be too
wild.  Spreading FUD about code which pulls stunts like these
(not that I haven't done similar things in the past) is certainly a
wise thing to do :-)

> I'll state it again: anyone willing to take the time to port any use of
> a LL home-brewed container class to an appropriate STL container will
> get my support and help.  And again, be warned it is *not a trivial
> task*.  It needs serious thought and understanding of all the code that
> uses the container class, including probably writing of some code to do
> magic the home brewed containers do internally.

This certainly tickles my interest ... will have a look at the
linked lists at some point, maybe just out of curiosity ... :-)

Thanks for the info ...

Nick