[sldev] Letting the larger SL community know about open source work

dale at daleglass.net dale at daleglass.net
Tue Jun 26 16:53:03 PDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 03:55:24PM -0700, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> We've put together a blog posting to acknowledge and thank all of you
> who have been working on the open source viewer:
> http://blog.secondlife.com/2007/06/26/an-open-source-community-update/
>
> Yay sldev!
That's great :-)

I'd like to see this again when people come up with more patches. It
seems that quite a few people had misgivings about the whole OSS idea,
so it's really good to have something positive to point at, and show how
not only the sky hasn't fallen, but good things came out of it.

I think it would be nice if you could just credit whoever provided the
fix right in the changelog, whether a LL employee or a SL resident.