[sldev] Opening the server source?

Erik Anderson odysseus654 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 14:38:28 PDT 2007

>From what I understand, this kind of "dual connection" has already been in
the works for some time.  I read something somewhere (don't remember where
at the moment) where inventory and other stuff would be moved off onto an
"agent server" that maintained information for the client for the life of
the connection.  This would reduce the impact and instabilities of boundary
crossing, which currently requires the sim to box up all the agent
information and send it to the new sim.

So from my understanding the sim is currently the sole authoritative
communications pathway with the client, but there is some work underway to
split them as you describe.