[sldev] Re: Plugin architecture

Jesse Nesbitt mindtriggerz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 23:06:24 PST 2007

On 3/3/07, Callum Lerwick <seg at haxxed.com> wrote:

> *snip for length*

I agree, we're dealing with a different animal here.
Also, IIRC XUL/XPCOM/EMCAscript are interpreted languages, so you could get
away with proprietary plugins for Firefox if it were GPL. (Except for Flash
and Java, because they link dynamicaly)

> As for the GPL, it will be honored to the letter of the law. Any
> > commitment beyond that is left up to the individual. I don't let Richard
> > M. Stallman stand by me and whisper sweet nothings into my ear. Honestly
> > he creeps me out.
>
> Hey, *I* didn't choose the license...
>
> Better RMS than ESR:
>
> http://geekz.co.uk/lovesraymond/

I disagree. I feel that RMS is a "Free Software" zealot and wants to wipe
out all proprietary software, which is not a good thing for those who like
monetary rewards for their innovation. But that's a discussion for another
list.

--Jesse