[sldev] DenyTrustedCircuit?

John Hurliman jhurliman at wsu.edu
Tue Mar 6 12:00:34 PST 2007

Joel Riedesel wrote:
> So I'm trying to write my own client to SL.
> My first obstacle is in receiving data about objects in front of my
> avatar... but...
> My client is based off the semi-dated libsecondlife java port of
> libsecondlife.
>
> I've used SLProxy from libsecondlife to trace the packets between the
> normal SL Client and SL.
> And I have my own client doing practically the identical sequence of
> packets (not exactly but seems close enough for horseshoes).
>
> But at one point I'm receiving a DenyTrustedCircuit packet from SL.
> (The SLProxy trace of the main SLClient doesn't see this packet.)
>

> 1) Why am I getting this packet?
> 2) I believe I am supposed to return a CreateTrustedCircuit in response
> but what is the Digest element of that packet supposed to be a digest
> of? (I'm assuming MD5).
>
> 3) Can someone provide a quick description of what some basic expected
> packet back and forth is between the SLClient and SL and anything else
> I'm probably missing?
>
> TIA,
> Joel

This might be more appropriate for the libsl-dev list, not sure. Anyways
I have never seen a client receive the DenyTrustedCircuit packet before,
you may be doing something odd like sending the wrong SessionID or
something like that. To get all the way to receiving Object* packets is
a long ways, but it looks something like this:

<> XML-RPC Login
-> UseCircuitCode
<- StartPingCheck*
-> PingCheckComplete*
-> CompleteAgentMovement
<- AgentMovementComplete
-> AgentUpdate**
<- RegionHandshake
-> RegionHandshakeReply

* That's not the necessary order of the ping check sequence, it starts
up as soon as you connect
** You only need to send one of these to unghost and start receiving
updates from the simulator, even though the official client would be
sending several per second right now

Try making your program connect through SLProxy to confirm what you are
sending out is correct. The above sequence doesn't take any CAPS in to
account but you don't need to connect to a CAPS server if you don't plan
on moving to a new sim and only want to see object updates.

John Hurliman