[sldev] Second Life User Experience

Jesse Nesbitt mindtriggerz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 14:30:06 PDT 2007

Alright, I'll try to address some of these concerns as I see them

On 3/11/07, Bane Darrow <banedarrow at gmail.com> wrote:

> * Too many things move or turn your character or camera by side-effect.

You're quite right, things do move your camera a bit too much

     * Right click to edit something turns your avatar to face it. This has
> gotten in my way many times

I haven't had trouble with this one in particular.

     * Editing appearance does an excruciating slow camera movement before
> the window opens. I cannot disable this.

Yeah, that's no good. A direct snap would be the best thing to do.

     * After editing appearance, your AV twists around on you.

That's a bit annoying, but I don't run into it too often.

     * I'm sure there are others. Any time my camera or avatar moves without
> me explicitly instructing it, I think this is a BAD experience.

That's a pretty blanket statement. What about scripts moving your cam, etc?

* Inventory becomes essentially unmanageable when you've been around a while
> and collected a lot. We need better organizing besides Folders/Search

I really don't know what other way to display inventory aside from a
straight tree structure.

* Make the console windows movable

They're debug consoles, they really don't need to move

* Clicking the menu a second time should close it... (Thought I saw this
> in some patch notes)

I'm not sure what you mean by this, can you explain?

--
--Jesse