[sldev] Re: How to move the avatar with finer, high precision increments?

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 09:40:51 PDT 2007

> Analog control of the avatar is one of those "I'd really like to find
> the time to implement that" projects of mine.  (In fact, external
> control was my primary motivation for implementing the 'tank treads'
> plugin hack I mentioned a while ago where the interface with the
> external
> device is done through network packets to the local network address.)

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to have an external
joystick driving avatar or vehicle movement indirectly, using chat
commands, rather than depending on button pushes being turned into
keypresses. It's actually easier to get fine-tuned control in LSL on
the server than from the client.