[sldev] GPLed submissions

Aidan Thornton makosoft at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 17 06:00:30 PDT 2007

On 3/17/07, Jason Giglio <gigstaggart at gmail.com> wrote:
> > OpenSSL is the biggest other sticking point if you don't consider sound
> > critical.
>
> Sorry to reply to myself, but GNU TLS is the most likely candidate to
> replace OpenSSL.
>
> It is LGPL and does pretty much everything OpenSSL does.

Does Second Life use OpenSSL directly, or is it only used for curl? If
it's the latter, it looks like we can just compile curl against GNU
TLS instead.

(Hmmm... interesting thought. If you dynamically link a GPLed program
against the GNU TLS version of libcurl, then someone else runs it
using a libcurl that's compiled with OpenSSL, are they infringing the
GPL?)