[sldev] Running First Look in Debug

Laurent Laborde kerdezixe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 09:30:37 PDT 2007

On 3/19/07, Dave Parks <davep at lindenlab.com> wrote:
> It's not really useful to profile a debug build.  What takes 36% in
> debug can take less than 3% in an optimized build.  I'd recommend
> debugging in ReleaseNoOpt and only running debug if you want asserts
> turned on.

One of my point was : "Why do i have insane packet loss when i run in debug ?"
Is it because of the high cpu load ?

One of my guess (still don't understand how/when idle is called) is that :
- high cpu load -> increase packet loss
- packet loss -> increase packet loss

evil loop -_-

> And yes, we do spend a ridiculous amount of time updating particles.
> That's a good target for optimization, but people are quite particular
> about the way particles behave, so be careful.

I'll take a look but i have no idea about how a particle engine is
supposed to work. (time to learn, heh :p )
(and yes, i'm one of the people who use some weird property of the
particle engine)

--
kerunix Flan