[sldev] Is there a way to compile the SL viewer faster?

Dale Glass dale at daleglass.net
Mon Mar 26 17:18:05 PDT 2007

В сообщении от 13 марта 2007 22:17 Kelly Washington написал(a):
> Dale - I would be very interested in any speed tests you could do
> with the raid setup and / or the ram disk once you get it working.
> :)
>
>  - Kelly

Need more exhaustive benchmarks, but here's the first result:

Building http://svn.daleglass.net/secondlife/trunk, revision 81

Specs:

Gentoo, amd64 version.
Athlon 64 X2 5200+
4GB RAM
gcc 4.1.1
llmozlib enabled
building 32 bit version
Compiling with -j3
/tmp on tmpfs
Root on RAID-1, SAMSUNG HD300LJ and Maxtor 6V300F0

Full compilation time:
real    16m44.594s
user    29m25.549s
sys     2m57.599s

Build with no changes:

First time:
real    0m41.752s
user    0m39.938s
sys     0m1.722s

Second time:
real    0m42.537s
user    0m39.220s
sys     0m1.441s

change whitespace in indra/newview/llfloateravatarlist.cpp ; build

real    1m24.408s
user    1m12.687s
sys     0m4.599s

(improvement on my previous test, where it took 1 minute to link. Now
it takes 40 seconds.)

Space required on /tmp: 334MB