[sldev] Please take VFS vs OS FS discussion offlist (Re: Reformatting Textures for the cache)

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Mon Mar 26 17:45:06 PDT 2007

Hi all

This is an interesting example of why directing to wiki.secondlife.com
is entirely appropriate.

I thought about directing you to the texture cache page, but then
thought that maybe the VFS page was more appropriate.  Check this out:
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/VFS

Right on the top of the page is a link to a forum discussion two months
ago.  However, feel free to discuss it again here:
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Talk:VFS

If you have any objections to the guidelines I posted, please direct
them here:
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Talk:SLDev

If there is a specific developer with eminent plans to write code who is
undecided about this issue, please let me know.  That would be the only
reason to keep this discussion going on list.

Rob