Python scripts using spaces now (Re: [sldev] Source for 1.15.0.2)

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Thu May 3 07:31:50 PDT 2007

On 5/3/07 5:30 AM, Paul TBBle Hampson wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 01:59:40PM -0700, Rob Lanphier wrote:
>
>> The source for 1.15.0.2 is now available:
>> https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Source_downloads
>>

> Oh ouch, SConstuct has changed from tabs to quad-spaces...
>
> *watches a half-dozen patches suddenly fail*
>
> Once again, :s saves the day. ^_^

I should have mentioned this earlier.  A few weeks ago, we standardized
on four space indent, no tab whitespace convention for all Python
scripts we use.  Sorry for the inconvenience caused by the switchover,
but the good news is that it was a deliberate and (hopefully) one-time
action that will make patching easier in the future.

>> Compiling sans libxul will cause a failure with the current source
>> release, so I've included a patch (courtesy Tofu) which will get
>> incorporated in future releases.
>>

> Just a heads-up, the patch has been scrubbed by the mailing list
> webarchive software, as has the body of this email itself...

Hmm....I'll look into that.

Rob