[sldev] MY av is trapped on Dell island!!!

Paul TBBle Hampson Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com
Sun May 6 16:37:43 PDT 2007

On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 03:36:39AM -0500, Alan Grimes wrote:
>> Do you have the artwork tarball? The viewer likes to crash here if it
>> can't find the fonts. It would be nice if this was handled in a more
>> graceful manner. The font subsystem needs some going over, it really
>> ought to use fontconfig on X11, yet another one for the todo list...

> Definitely...

> Unfortunately, I don't know which files need to go where. I couldn't
> find the info on the wiki. =(

For the fonts, see the following settings in
~/.secondlife/user_setttings/settings_default.xml

    <!--Name of monospace font (Truetype file name)-->
    <FontMonospace value="/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-dejavu/DejaVuSansMono.ttf"/>
    <!--Name of san-serif font (Truetype file name)-->
    <FontSansSerif value="/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf"/>
    <!--Name of bold font (Truetype file name)-->
    <FontSansSerifBold value="/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-dejavu/DejaVuSans-Bold.ttf"/>
    <!--Name of fallback san-serif font (Truetype file name)-->
    <FontSansSerifFallback value="/usr/share/fonts/truetype/kochi/kochi-mincho.ttf"/>

If they are not absolute pathnames, they are relative to the fonts directory
in your AppROData directory. (ie. parallel to the app_settings directory)

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
On-hiatus Asian Studies student, ANU
Paul.Hampson at Pobox.Com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/