[sldev] OpenAL support (patch)

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Mon May 14 01:21:12 PDT 2007

I finally sat down and spent a day writing some OpenAL support. And here
it is:

http://www.haxxed.com/code/slviewer-1.15.0.2-openal-20070513.patch

It seems to be pretty stable on my i386 machines, however on x86_64 it
crashes constantly in random places, suggesting some kind of buffer
overflow or pointer corruption. Or perhaps a race condition, that only
my x86_64 machines hit because they're much faster than my i386
machines... I suspect buffers may be getting freed while they're still
playing, I have to check that.

There's something horribly wrong with doppler. The effect is backwards
and way too strong.

Only tested on Linux.

The SConstruct part of the patch applies on top of my various other
SConstruct patches:

http://www.haxxed.com/code/VWR-218-slviewer-1.15.0.2-fix-buildsystem-assumptions.patch
http://www.haxxed.com/code/slviewer-1.15.0.2-fix-buildsystem-crackrocks.patch

I also discovered what appears to be a bug in LLAudioDecodeMgr, it seems
to be writing the wav length headers ~8 bytes too long, which causes
freealut's wav loader to reject them. I'm not really sure why this is
happening, but I fudged it to get things working. Ultimately it would be
nice to decode directly to RAM or even do a streaming decode, but that
would require some major restructuring to pull off...

And no, no music streams yet. (Or wind noise...)