[sldev] Re: Privacy Pocket (Second Life)

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Mon May 14 12:42:34 PDT 2007

> zones to spy on their neighbors. The av should really not ever be
> visible
> inside the private area to anyone not allowed security access to
> the area
> though, that would just not work if you could still see a naked
> body just
> because you were standing close.

What I was suggesting is that if you were standing close enough you
would see a green ball, that would vanish after a few meters, much as
the "NO ENTRY" lines do now. Beyond that distance you would see
nothing in-world, though you would still see the green dot on the
map. This would avoid the problem of people "just vanishing".

I'm sure Jeremy or Runitai could come up with something much cooler
than a green ball. :)

> The last thing though, this probably cannot be parcel defined :(

That's the only border that could be used that wouldn't add a lot of
overhead to the sim.

> A lot of people rent parcels and have no access to subdividing
> their plots
> to make their bedrooms safe.

This would just become one more of many many reasons why renters
should insist on being able to subdivide their rental plots, now that
the group system has been enhanced to the point where this even makes
sense on the mainland (it was always possible on islands, and I
wouldn't dream of renting an island plot where I couldn't subdivide).