[sldev] hidden 1.15 patches, bleh...

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Mon May 14 21:47:57 PDT 2007

At this point, I don't care enough about 1.15 to track down the secret
patches... (which is what 1.15.0.3 is for...).

I'll wait for the next release to do my regression check to try to
figure out whether it's the SVN source or my build environment that is
screwing things up.

Note 1: libgtkmozilla is now a part of firefaux, it seems, and should be
directly accessable on many linux systems....

Note 2: Re-defining glEnum and friends completely defeats the point of
there being a glEnum... !!! =|

Note 3: All instances of BOOL should be replaced with bool in all
functions, methods, and global data objects without hesitation or delay.
Give the compiler a clue! Data structures and classes must be analyzed
seperately, ALL DATA STRUCTURES AND CLASSES SHOULD BE A MULTIPLE OF 8
BYTES IN LENGTH!!!

Note 4: In world, there was a discussion about the state of the client
on the linux users group. It was agreed that the current codebase does
far too little to exploit the OpenGL API. While I think OpenGL is
obsolescant -- Raytracing will eventually take over, there is no reason
not to maximally exploit all the standard static functions of OpenGL.
I'm somewhat reluctant to press ahead with more advanced features, such
as programmable shaders, but the static functions are there to be
exploited for all they're worth...

--
Opera: Sing it loud! :o(  )>-<