[sldev] Alternate SL Viewer form factors

Ben Glenn benglenn at lindenlab.com
Tue May 15 16:56:31 PDT 2007

Hi all,

Here in the office we've been batting around ideas for what it might be like
to access Second life on platforms other than a traditional desktop client
application. Alternate form factors might include things like cell phones,
game consoles, lost-cost PCs or PDAs, even a plug-in for your Web browser.
What would it take to build a "lightweight" version of the viewer? What
would the user experience be like? Who are the target users? This seems like
a great area for the open source community to explore (SLeek
<http://delta.slinked.net/programming/sleek/>  is an example of interesting
work already being done in this space) so we thought we'd toss it out for
you to think about.

I also plan to discuss this at my office hours this Thursday so please stop
by if you're interested in learning more or would like to share your
thoughts:

What: Discussion of Lightweight Form Factors for SL

When: Thursday, May 17th, 10:00-11:00 AM

Where: Benjamin
<http://slurl.com/secondlife/Beaumont/148/155/46/?title=Linden%20Village>
Linden's Office

Thanks,