[sldev] building 1.15.

Robert Black simstick at gmail.com
Wed May 16 17:51:10 PDT 2007

Did you get this resolved? I got the same error building 1.15.1.3 because I
think I was using the 1.15.0.2 libraries.

On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 10:22:37PM -0400, Alan Grimes wrote:
> Attempting to do a regression check on the graphics glitches I saw with
> the SVN sources, I get this error from 1.15.

> Anyone know what causes this? the error message doesn't make any
> sense... How can it say the object is undefined and then say it's a
> struct.... There are only 2 or 3 structs in the entire project...
> so it is definitely pulling this struct thing out of its ass...

> All headers look like they're in order. =\

Off the top of my head, this looks like you haven't applied the patch
that was included with the release announcement on this list. The
web archive has scrubbed the attachment, so if you weren't subscribed
when 1.15.0.2 was released, email me off-list and I'll send you the
patch.

> llui/lluictrlfactory.h:64: error: forward declaration of 'struct
LLWebBrowserCtrl'
> error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct LLWebBrowserCtrl'

It's basically saying that the struct is being declared implicitly, but
then being used in a way that requires definition as well.

Implicit declaration was acceptable in K&R C, but I'm pretty sure it's
an error in C++, as the above output indicates.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
On-hiatus Asian Studies student, ANU
Paul.Hampson at Pobox.Com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/