[sldev] RFC: dead code stripping?

Jacek Antonelli jacek.antonelli at gmail.com
Mon May 21 02:01:11 PDT 2007

On 5/20/07, Ben Byer <bbyer at mm.st> wrote:
> Would there be any interest in my pursuing this?  I'd be happy to try
> to generate a list of functions which seem to be unused in newview.
> Once people have looked through the list and looked for things I may
> have missed, I could then start creating patches to remove that code.

This sounds like a good idea. Some possible candidates:
 - newview/llanimalcontrols.cpp
 - newview/llcape.cpp (not sure about this one)
 - newview/llgenepool.cpp
 - newview/llhippo.cpp (might keep this for the sentimental value ;)

Maybe it goes without saying, but Linden involvement will be important
to check if code is actually dead, or if someone is planning on using
it in the future.